Online Resource Centre
Welcome to SalFar's Online Resource Centre where we share best practices, reports and other materials which are developed in the project. The purpose of this page is to share our knowledge so that stakeholders and other people interested in the project can benefit from our experiences.
Get an explanation about the 4 major salinization processes that affect coastal regions
How to take soil samples
How to measure soil salinity using the saturated paste method
How to measure soil salinity using the 1:2 method
How do salt tolerant plants taste and do they contain more salt than conventional plants?
The International Farmers’ Café on Saline Agriculture (March 2020)
Book of Abstracts from the Saline Futures Conference (September 2019)
In 12 parallel sessions around 60 abstracts were presented during the Saline Futures Conference from 10-13 September 2019. You can find the summaries of these abstracts in the book of abstracts.
Framework on salinization processes (May 2019)
Keynote speeches from the Saline Futures Conference
10 September 2019
- 09:30 – 10:00 Welcome and introduction to the conference
- 10:00 – 11:00 Keynote speeches by Dionysia Aggeliki Lyra, ICBA and Willem Ferwerda, CEO Commonland
- 13:00 – 13:30 Key note by Marc van Rijsselberghe
11 September 2019
- 09:00 – 10:15 Plenary sessions by Mark Tester KAUST, Arjen de Vos and Introduction to EPI AGRI Working Group by Iain Gould
- 14:00 – 15:00 Plenary sessions by Atiq Rahman, Bangladesh Center for Advanced Studies and Katarzyna Negacz, Waddenacademie
- 17:30 – 18:30 Report on priorities from the parallel international farmers meeting and Conclusions from the parallel sessions by Pier Vellinga