Pilot Projects of ProCircProCirc is set up to experiment, implement and learn how circular economy and procurement can benefit the North Sea Region. To fully benefit from circular opportunities and to contribute to the international development of circular economy, ProCirc conducts pilots to demonstrate procurement opportunities.
Here you can find the pilot case studies and learn all about the procurement process, results and lessons learned. You are welcome to reach out to the contact persons mentioned in the case studies when you have questions or like to connect.
Furthermore, an analysis report is available that summarises the lessons learned and provides public and private procuring organisations with practical examples on how to address circular procurement for different sectors, incl. furniture, construction, waste, and ICT.
- Circular furniture in an office move (DFØ/Digdir, NO)
- Attractive refurbished furniture in Government of Flanders’ offices (Agency for Facility Operations, Government of Flanders, BE)
- Education & Office Furniture Framework (Scotland Excel, Scotland)
Construction and infrastructure
- Construction and temporary occupation of a circular hub and Makerspace (City of Leuven, BE)
- Demonstration box for circular construction within De Potterij (OVAM, Flemish Government, BE)
- Circular tender for reused office building (Kolding municipality, DK)
- Aberdeenshire New Build & Refurb Projects (Aberdeenshire Council, Scotland)
- Waste management services (bpost, BE)
- East Lothian Council Sustainable Procurement Policy (East Lothian Council, Scotland)
- Post-consumer textiles for the refurbishment of office chairs (Municipality of Groningen, NL)
- Corporate clothing procurement (The Scotthish Parliament, Scotland)
- Sustainability criteria for workplace ICT hardware (Dutch government, IWR, NL)
- Sustainable vending machines with healthy products (bpost, BE)
- Outdoor Play and Sports Facilities Framework (Scotland Excel, Scotland)
- 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships Sustainable Procurement Code (Scotland)
- Hard Facility Management Services (The City of Edinburgh Council, Scotland)
- Catering Sundries Framework (Scotland Excel, Scotland)
- Energy Efficiency Contractors Framework (Scotland Excel, Scotland)
- ScottishPower Energy Networks