--> Register for the MSP conference on www.connectingseas.eu <--
A North Sea Perspective on Shipping, Energy and Environmental Aspects in Maritime Spatial Planning (NorthSEE)
- The North Sea Region (NSR) is one of the busiest areas for shipping and exploitation of natural resources (oil, gas, wind, etc.) in the world, and contains unique natural reserves.
- The countries around the NSR are frontrunners when it comes to Maritime Spatial Planning. Most of them have implemented or are developing national Maritime Spatial Plans to promote sustainable development of the sea within their national boundaries.
- Relevant authorities have used their own planning methods and processes to develop these plans. Exchange of the different approaches can serve as a source of inspiration for improving national MSP processes. Furthermore exchange can improve mutual understanding of the different national MSP systems and hence facilitate coordination.
- Given that the North Sea is a transnational area, coordination among national Maritime Spatial Plans is useful to capture synergies and to prevent incompatibilities concerning shipping routes, energy infrastructure and environmental protection.
The NorthSEE project aims to achieve:
- Greater coherence in Maritime Spatial Planning (processes) and in Maritime Spatial Plans (capturing synergies and preventing incompatibilies.
- Creating better conditions for sustainable development of the area in the fields of shipping, energy and environment protection.
Actions within activities
Click on the activity names (or in the side balk left) for a detailed description of the actions within the activities.
Integrated and horizontal activities
The MSP Challenge in the NorthSEE project
Latest Project News
The NorthSEE project is focusing on transnational coordination between plans and planning processes in the North Sea Region on three main topics: Ener…Read more
It is official! The MSP conference “Connecting Seas” from two INTERREG sister projects “NorthSEE” and “Baltic LINes” will take place on the 13th – 14t…Read more
The NorthSEE project hosted an energy workshop in Aberdeen, Scotland on 3rd and 4th of October 2018. The event was well attended by NorthSEE project m…Read more
The NorthSEE project will organise an unique stakeholder workshop on ecological aspects within the (greater) North Sea region, which will take place o…Read more