Jomopans consortium meeting, February 2020
In his opening Niels Kinneging presented the successes over the last half year of Jomopans. He especially highlighted:
- The Midterm Event in London
- The achievements on the measurements
- The first sound scape maps that were produced
- The joint booth with JONAS at the World Marine Mammal Conference in Barcelona.
The leaders of all work packages discussed the progress of them and the crosscutting issues between the WPs.
A major part of the first day was dedicated to look to the topic of underwater noise in the years following Jomopans. Jomopans will lead to an operational monitoring programme for the North Sea. To realise this Jomopans will write an implementation plan, which will be delivered to the Policy Advisory Board (PAB). This PAB represents the policy advisors of all participating countries.
The second day of the consortium meeting was dedicated to in depth discussion on all sorts of technical topics. This day was also attended by Peter Sigray, former project manager of Bias, lecturer at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm and co-chair of the TG Noise.
The discussion topics were:
- Recreational vessels (without AIS)
- Calibration of equipment, follow-up of a successful Jomopans workshop in January
- Validation of modelling and measurement
- Progress of the GES Tool