Provinciale Ontwikkelings Maatschappij Oost Vlaanderen
- promote, encourage and initiate optimal usage of transport systems
- a reliable, neutral facilitator between private companies (good and easy individual contact making and matchmaking)
- experienced in identifying the needs of SME’s, assessing their situation and applying identified improvements
- experienced in identifying, promoting and realizing modal shift opportunities
- POM has an extensive business network related to Inland Waterways
- developer of the ‘Scheldeshuttle’ push barge concept
Why is POM Oost Vlaanderen participating in the project?
- share and acquire knowledge on operational and legislative bottlenecks and how they are successfully dealt with in other European countries
- active field research at SME’s allowing to get an actual clear view on their needs and bottlenecks towards IWW modal shift
- detection of methods to execute transhipment towards the waterways
- detection of opportunities to move specific (new) cargo towards the waterways
- expansion of our IWW business network
Has POM Oost Vlaanderen experience with international projects?
- project coordinator for ‘Grenzeloze logistiek’ (Borderless Logistics) (Interreg IVA VLANED)
- partner in ANSWER – (Interreg IV North Sea Programme)
- partner in ECO2PROFIT - Interreg IV VLANED
What is your main role in the project?
- create photo manual of captured solutions for transhipment. To promote modal shift.
- detect, understand list the operational, legislative hindrances
- make table with available IWW solutions + integrate detected opportunities
- design an innovative transhipment solution to transport a construction material and paper products via IWT in cooperation with industry partners
- pilot innovative transhipment solutions on 2 modal shifts.