Bremenports GmbH & Co. KG
- As public infrastructure manager and landlord we support Inland Water Transport by:
- Development and planning of inland waterway expansion works
- Maintenance of port infrastructure, including moorings and berths for inland waterway barge
- Master planning for port-related inland waterway infrastructure
- Development and implementation of trainings and study programmes for port and shipping experts
- Human resource development (HRD) in the port and shipping industry
Why is Bremenports participating in the project?
- Acquiring skills and expertise in training development and implementation related to inland waterway logistics
- Expansion of expertise in distance learning and integration of IT-/online-based tools into training programmes
- Expansion of target group and improvement in port stakeholder relations
- Mobilising technical expertise of own planning departments for training / HRD
Has Bremenports experience with international projects?
The design, building and commissioning of an LNG-fuelled barge
the extension of the port railway in Bremerhaven, Germany
participation in the project “Advisory and Training for the Maritime Related Industries of Timor-Leste”, funded by German Development Aid
What is your main role in the project?
In IWTS-Innovation Labs logistics-decision makers, shall be invited to build an #IWTS-App. This app delivers decision support in favour of small waterways and contributes to modal shifts in and outside IWTS.
Invitees who include students in dual education/part-time with access to real-life transport decisions and IT-background are encouraged to develop own technology to help them with modal choices.