A challenge for the European community
Young informal caregivers are people up to 23 years who grow up in a family where a family member has special needs. This can be a family member who is chronically ill, with a mental of physical disability, with an addiction, or with physical problems.
CMO STAMM, the knowledge center for societal issues in the Dutch provinces of Groningen and Drenthe, is now looking to strengthen the collaboration between different countries and stakeholders. The instruments will be collaborative policy, research and practical development work.
Provincial expert team
In the province of Groningen an expert team is raising attention for young informal caregivers. The expert team is a learning partnership, and is an inspiring environment for workers to explore new methods, develop integral policies and collaboration with different stakeholders across the province of Groningen, in the Netherlands, and in Europe.
Internationally, the expert team is active in the Interreg project In For Care.
Now, the team would like to explore even more opportunities for collaboration abroad on the following topics:
- Resilience – children’s strength and resources
- Life opportunities: education and employment
- Evidence-based support; systematic follow-up and evaluation
- Innovation and technology enabled care and support
- Health and Social Care systems, collaboration
If you are interested in a collaboration, you can find contact information below. The first start for collaboration will be an exchange of practices and policies.
- Coordinator provincial Expert team: Rika Ringersma, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinator In For Care, Maud Diemer, email@example.com