EMPOWER 2.0 meets complementary Interreg programmes
EMPOWER 2.0 shares its ambitions for a sustainable energy future with various Interreg programmes working hard on sustainable building, energy transition, efficiency and retrofit. All join forces to reach the goals of the EU Framework 2030 for climate and energy, the European Green Deal and the Renovation Wave.
During a recent roundtable session, a group of coordinators and leaders from seven Interreg projects in the Netherlands and Belgium got together. They exchanged plans and views, discovered synergies and investigated possibilities to intensify co-operation in the future.
Clearly, the enormity of the challenges we all face in terms of future-proof building. CO2 reductions and Climate Change resilience demands multiple solutions, research and development, innovations and test
- Stronghouse aims at sustainable housing for strong communities, analysing and redesigning measures to motivate and facilitate to invest in energy renovation/retrofitting their homes.
- Housing 4.0 Energy aims to develop a market for small, affordable near-zero energy homes by adapting and applying new digital technologies.
- INDU-ZERO offers special renovation packages for quick and inexpensive sustainable renovation of existing homes.
- LECSEA or Local Energy Communities for the 2Seas region works about energy communities. This project is creating a one-stop-shop concept for Energy Communities.
- E=0 project is based on the successful Energiesprong Programme in the Netherlands, delivering zero-energy (E=0) retrofits with a 30+ years performance warranty.
- MUSTBE0 also builds on the Dutch Energiesprong. A cross-sectoral collaboration is working on the retrofit of at least nine demonstration buildings with 400+ houses.