Wind Recycling Concepts // DecomBlades and DecomTools Conference
Join our Conference on Wind Recycling Concepts and meet stakeholders from different sectors working within the field of decommissioning in the wind industry.
We have gathered experts from universities, industries, and ports to assure an all-around approach of the topic. The conference is hosted by the two projects DecomBlades and DecomTools funded by Innovation fund Denmark and Interreg North Sea.
During the conference you will gain knowledge of the different decommissioning processes such as:
- Shredding and pyrolysis of blades
- The legal framework regulating the decommissioning possibilities
- The role of the ports in decommissioning processes
Furthermore, we will present an Use case scenario of 30 LM 48.7m blades located at the Port of Esbjerg
We will have breaks and break out-sessions during the day, which will assure you having plenty of network possibilities meeting stakeholders from the whole value chain.
Participant target group
- Project partners from the two projects (DecomTools and DecomBlades)
- Recycling industry
- Supply chain (Ports and Windpower industry)
- Reference groups DecomBlades Value chain
Date: Sep 7, 2022
Place: Esbjerg Konference & Event, Gl. Vardevej 82, 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
9.30: Breakfast and registration
10.00: Welcome and intro by Thomas Vohs-Ahlers, Head of Membership & Sales, Energy Cluster Denmark
10.10: Project presentations
- DecomBlades by Daniel Kamyno Rasmussen, Manager Owners WF Engineering & Configuration, Ørsted
- DecomTools by Dr. Stephan Kotzur, Director of the Institute for Logistics, University of applied Sciences Emden/Leer
10.30: Use case scenario (base case 30 LM 48.7m blades located at Esbjerg Harbour) from DecomBlades by Kristine Wilhelm Lund, Ph.D, University of Southern Denmark
10.50: How bis is the problem by Marcus Bentin, Professor at Department of Maritime Sciences, University of applied Sciences Emden/Leer
11.05: The end of life of wind turbines: Social, spatial and legal considerations of decommissioning by David Philipp Rudolph, Reseacher, Department of Wind Energy, Society, Market and Policy, DTU, Wind Energy Systems Division
11.15: Coffee break
11.30: Gap analysis by Ing. Harm Korporaal, De Lauwershorst BV
11.45: Ports central role in offshore decommissioning activities by Theis Gisselbaek, CCO, Port of Grenaa
12.00: Pre-Processing and shredding of wind turbine blades/mechanical shredding by Sophus Borch, Product Manager, H.J Hansen
12.15: Pyrolysis results and findings by
Chemical recycling of WTBs in DecomTools by Nina Vielen-Kallio, Project Manager, ECHT
Pyrolysis by Irene Bach Velling Villadsen, Project Manager | Project Execution, MAKEEN EnviroTech a/s
13.30: Decommisioning as business concept - Product development of recycled windmills by Jan Jaap Folmer, Chief Upp! and Founder Upp!
13.50: Break out session - Reference Groups (coffee and cake)
- Pre Decommisioning (Logistics, Ports, Turbine Manufacturers, Shredders etc.
- Recycling Technologies (Pyrolysis, Cement Co-Processing etc.)
14.35: Sum up by all
14.45: Thank you for today
Sign up for the Conference HERE
Stream the event HERE