Several local and regional authorities test CORA solutions and assess the effectiveness of interventions to facilitate digital inclusion in rural areas. The type of pilot activities depend on the digital readiness level and local priorities in each area and ranges from advancing telecommunication infrastructure to soft measures concerning digital skills and developing new digital services and business activities. The pilots demonstrate how and to which extent the improved digital technologies and environment can:
- improve socio-economic conditions in rural areas,
- enhance the quality of life of communities,
- enhance business activities, and
- all together the level of innovation, attractiveness and productivity in rural areas.
The results and findings from research and pilot activities are integrated into a set of strategic recommendations to be communicated to the national and European decision making authorities.
The following partners developed and implemented pilot activities:
- Länsstyrelsen Värmland (SE) & Innlandet fylkeskommune (NO) local partnerships
- Intercommunale Leiedal, BE
- Norddjurs Kommune, DK
- Middelfart Kommune, DK
- Syddjurs Kommune, DK
- Vejle Kommune, DK
- University of Lincoln, UK
- Gemeente Oldambt, NL
- Amt Hüttener Berge, DE