Creating tech-branded and tech-enabled rural areasThe ultimate goal of COM³ was to give rise to tech-enabled and tech-branded rural areas, in which rural enterprises are able to grow and scale up by means of effective use of digital technologies.
COM³ partners developed, tested and applied the COM³ model and training solutions in 9 regional pilot projects.
The results are impressive! Businesses engaged in COM³ in a variety of ways, including networking, digital skills workshops, support for online sales, peer learning, student-based projects and discussions about open data. 84% of businesses identified that participation in COM³ made a difference to their understanding of digital technology, while 74% identified that it had made a difference to their use of digital technology.
Read the detailed results here
Learn more about these pilots here:
- Leideal, Belgium: utilizing open data in product and service design
- Hüttener Berge, Germany: digital solutions for promotion and purchase of local products
- Oldambt, the Netherlands: creating a digital community for local enterprises
- Drenthe, the Netherlands: supporting the use of “big data” in local SMEs
- Vejle, Denmark: hands-on digitalisation support based on COM³ model
- Torsby, Sweden: digital solutions for visitor experience and local community building
- Lincolnshire, UK: challenge-based learning to discover opportunities
- Rogaland, Norway: enhancing digitalisation within industrial asset management
- Vinje, Norway: strengthening the municipal administration' role as supporter for local business development