Objective and approach of Building with NatureThe overall objective of Building with Nature is to make coasts, estuaries and catchments of the North Sea Region more adaptable and resilient to the effects of climate change.
Building with Nature has different ways to achieve this objective
- creating joint transnational monitoring program
- use state-of-the-art analysis methods
- develop improved designs and business cases.
Within the project we defined seven coastal and six catchment living laboratories. Here we generate the evidence-base that is currently lacking to incorporate building with nature solutions in national policy and investment programs.
These laboratories comprise large-scale existing investment projects. The Building with Nature project leverages and enriches these investment projects with:
- transnational best practice
- performance monitoring and co-analysis
- cost-benefit analysis and
- business case generation.
Find out more about living laboratories.