Successful Launch of the 60 Minutes of Blockchain Webinar Series
On the 16th of June around 30 blockchain enthusiasts came together and moderator Marjolein Wiersma started the webinar (see presentation here). After a short introduction of the BLING project and a short outlook on the 60 minutes of Blockchain webinar series, she guided all participants into either one of the Breakout-Sessions. Breakout room 1 focused on blockchain implementation and effects in municipal environments, while Breakout room 2 presented different in-depth findings from blockchain use cases.
Breakout Room Presentations
- Jendrik Mann: Mobile app for health certificates on the IOTA Tangle
- Nivin Pradeep Kumar: Blockchain Based Trustworthy Electronic Voting System
- Jens Karlsson and Niklas Landsten: Managing expectation on emerging technology
- Josey Ongsiek: Blockchain in Government: An Analysis of Blockchain Implementation Challenges in Context of European Blockchain Pilots
- Joanna Junros: Experienced advantages and disadvantages of using blockchain within European municipalities
- Leo Enocksson and Cristina Raluca Dobritoiu: The Suitability of Distributed Ledger Technology in Central Bank Digital Currency
After the Breakout Sessions, Marjolein invited everyone back into a discussion round, challenging us with two interesting questions: “How to realize a successful blockchain project in the public sector?” AND “What future studies should be done in this area?”. Overall, all participants were very enthusiastic about the webinar and BLING is looking forward to see how the next generation will shape the blockchain world.
60 Minutes of Blockchain Webinar Series
The 60 Minutes of Blockchain is a 6-part series, planned to start after the summer break. The six themes will focus on Digital Identity, Transport, Health, Community Building, the Blockchain Ecosystem and Energy. These themes are following the in depth blockchain use cases also researched in the BLING project. During this 60 minute webinars, we will dive into the background of the theme with the help of an expert from the field. Also real theme-related use cases will be presented, followed by an open discussion between blockchain experts, use-case experts and the audience. The whole webinar series will be moderated by Digital Event Manager Marjolein Wiersma. Follow our Twitter and LinkedIn for more information on this webinar series.