University of Sheffield
Key expertise for BEGIN
The key expertise the University of Sheffield can provide is:
- Knowledge on blue green infrastructure performance (BGI).
- Understanding on governance of BGI.
- Contribution by providing guidance within BGI projects.
- Background in public engagement within BGI projects.
Sheffield Water Centre (formerly Pennine Water Group) is the largest inter-disciplinary water research group in the UK, known for their inter-disciplinary work and their close interactions with industry in the UK and internationally:
- Leads TWENTY65, a large UK consortium project addressing ‘the grand challenge for water’.
- Over 300 industry, community and government collaborators attend their regular ‘Thought Leadership Clubs’.
- Approximately 50 academics from across the institution form part of ‘Sheffield Water Research Network’.