WP6. Towards an autonomous open source fleet to be used for city freight distribution
Responsible partner: Opleidingscentrum voor Hout en Bouw vzw
Delft University of Technology, E. Van Wingen NV, Logistik-Initiative Hamburg Management GmbH, Opleidingscentrum voor Hout en Bouw vzw, POM Oost-Vlaanderen, SEAFAR, SSPA Sweden AB and Urban Waterway Logistics
Period: September 2021 - June 2023
The goal of the WP6 is to set up the market-proof foundation of an autonomous open
source fleet to be used for city freight distribution (inland waterways). Two pilot cases and
three new project partners are introduced (Seafar, SSPA and UWL). The pilot cases will
help in setting up a ‘ready-to-market’ model that can be applied in other European
regions. The WP6 will focus on multiple vessels with multiple operators in a real life
1. (POM) Innovative transshipment techniques (from vessel to quay) will be identified.
2. (LIHH, POM) Establishing an efficient linkage between innovative transshipment
techniques and the last mile distribution (from quay to receiver).
3. (OHB, Seafar) Development of an open source vessel.
4. (TUD) Improving safety of sailing by introducing Artificial Intelligence and computer
5. (OHB, Seafar, SSPA, TUD, UWL, E. Van Wingen) Integration of the AVATAR-vessel
and the IWTS green wave in an urban environment.