Transnational 2IMPREZS Mid Term Conference
Serving as the Mid Term Event of the extended Interreg North Sea Region (NSR) 2IMPREZS project, this conference shall demonstrate how the transnational 2IMPREZS Energy Challenges approach can be applied in your region to save energy and reduce carbon emissions.
The Interreg North Sea Region (NSR) 2IMPREZS project is a tried-and-true method of reducing energy consumption in school buildings, thus lowering carbon emissions, across the five participating North Sea Region countries of Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and the UK. From 2017 to 2021, the 2IMPREZS project stimulated change in the current climate crisis and resulting energy transition by fostering both behavioural and technical energy efficiency measures in existing schools, reducing energy consumption and thus CO2 emissions. The 2IMPREZS project tackled the whole spectrum of energy efficiency measures—the behavioural, the technical and the financial approaches—instead of focusing on one specific field. The proven comprehensive transnational strategy aims to achieve 30% energy savings in 141 schools in the North Sea Region, representing an emission reduction of 7320 tonnes of CO2.
Due to the proven success of the 2IMPREZS Energy Challenges, the project has been extended for an additional 18 months in order to reach more schools in existing and additional regions, develop a digital programme, and continue the dramatic reduction in energy consumption and carbon emissions.
This 2IMPREZS Mid Term Conference therefore shall present the results and demonstrate the impact of 2IMPREZS, as well as set the stage for the next phase of the project: by the end of 2IMPREZS, students together with teachers will have developed creative solutions to address the climate crisis amidst the global pandemic.
Registration for this digital event is free but required: Register here
Programme (10:00 – 12:00 CEST)
- Winning video of the NSR video contest
- Energy Challenges: a successful transnational approach for schools + Q&A
- Demo E. Wattson
- The need for financial and technical measures in pursuit carbon reduction in schools + Q&A
- Meet our Energizers
- Interview with Jesper Johnson, NSR Joint Secretariat + Q&A
- Top tips of 2IMPREZS for schools that want to save energy
- Closing video by Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice President of the European Commission for the European Green Deal
Special thanks to:
- Interreg North Sea Region Programme
- Nationale Energy Week – 10-17 October
- Vakbeurs Energie – 12-14 October, Brabanthallen, ’s-Hertogenbosch