Welcome to SEEV4-City's webspace! SEEV4-City is an Interreg project co-funded by the North Sea Region Programme 2014 - 2020.
The core of the SEEV4-City project is making a huge step forward in green city development by a smart combination of electric vehicles, renewable energy sources and ICT solutions.
- An increase in energy autonomy
- An increase of ultra-low emission kilometres
- Avoiding extra investments to make existing electrical grids compatible with an increase in electro mobility and local energy production
- The 2017 Polis Conference from the 6th till the 7th December in Brussels will be attended by our Oslo and Amsterdam partners. Join the conversation there.
During Flexcon 2017 (20 – 21 November), project manager Hugo Niesing represented SEEV4-City with his talk “Towards a renewable, independent, flexible neighbourhood in Amsterdam”. But also Daan Six (KULeuven) gave a talk about “The role of system operators in a distributed energy Landscape” at Flexcon.
- Bram Rotthier (KU Leuven) presented his paper "Is the speed pedelec the light electric vehicle that will achieve a modal shift?" on the World Light Electric Vehicle Summit (22 to 23 November, Rotterdam).
The SEEV4-City project was represented by Ghanim Putrus (Northumbria University), at the IEEE Applied Electrical Engineering and Computing Technologies (AEECT) Conference from the 11th till the 13th October. For his keynote speech “Towards Sustainable Clean Energy and Transport”, Ghanim received together with other keynote speakers an honorary certificate from Professor Turki Al-Suleiman, the president of Al-Zaytoonah University of Jordan.
- Several SEEV4-City pilots were presented during the EVS30 conference, that took place in Stuttgart from 9 to 11 October 2017.
- Bram Rotthier (KU Leuven) is co-presenter on a lecture series of Volta in all Flemish provinces, on the topics of electric vehicle charging, related challenges and the SEEV4-City project. The presentations are planned on:
- 27nd September in Geel
- 29nd September in Brussels
- 12th October in Hasselt
- 18nd October in Sint-Denijs-Westrem
- 25th October in Kortrijk
- 8th November in Boom
- 22nd November in Kortrijk
- 6th December in Sint-Denijs-Westrem
- New report on our pilot in the Dutch capital: Towards emission free traffic in Amsterdam
- Sebastien Lefebvre from the Belgian pilot in Kortrijk explains in "Het Nieuwsblad" (in Dutch) that the city is aiming to be energy neutral in 15 years and how SEEV4-City is supporting them in this.